2 Alumni benefits
3 Event terms and conditions
4 First steps in film & tv prize draw terms
Conditions of use
The contact information on the site must not be used for unsolicited mail. Any protected information must not be disclosed to third parties.
All material appearing on this website is Copyright © 2004 – 2020 St John’s College and its respective authors, unless otherwise stated.
Without explicit indication to the contrary, permission is given only to copy material appearing in these pages in order to read them, execute them, or otherwise process them in a way that is directly necessary to fulfil the apparent intent of St John’s College in placing them on the Web. Copies may be printed or held on other systems only for personal reference purposes or for expediting access to them (eg storing in caches).
Permission to further reproduce or to distribute any material appearing in these pages may initially be sought from the Development Office.
Day-to-day maintenance of this site is dealt with by the Development Office. Please direct any technical queries, comments or criticisms relating to the site to firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Alumni benefits
Information about benefits for alumni of St John’s College Cambridge is detailed on our alumni benefits page. St John’s College reserves the right to modify or withdraw its alumni benefits at any time without prior notification.
Debtors of St John’s College are not entitled to the dining privileges extended to alumni (set out in B 3.3 (i) of the Standing Orders) or Johnian Dinners (M2 of the Standing Orders). Debtors are not permitted to attend events run by the Development Office (see event terms and conditions below).
3 Event terms and conditions
About St John’s College Development Office events
St John’s College Development Office events are designed to foster the relationship between the College, its alumni, students and donors. The programme offers a wide range of event formats in Cambridge, the UK and overseas.
St John’s College Development Office events are designed either on a complimentary or on a paid-for basis. Where there is a charge, ticket fees are priced to break even or are subsidised by the College.
St John’s College Development Office events are subject to the following terms and conditions, unless otherwise stated. St John’s College always endeavours to act in good faith and to offer a high-quality service to its community.
1. Bookings for events are received on a first-come, first-served basis. Where there is a charge, bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received.
2. Bookings will strictly not be accepted after the closing date. Where there is a charge, full payment must be received by the closing date or bookings will be forfeit
3. Initial acknowledgement will be sent, usually by email, to be followed by final details after the booking deadline.
4. Debtors to St John’s College are not permitted to attend events until their debt has been paid.
1. In the case of an event reaching capacity before the closing date, a waiting list (on a first-come, first-served basis) will be put into operation. Waiting list places must be confirmed 48 hours before an event by email.
Cancellations and refunds
1. Cancellation requests must be made in writing to a member of St John’s College Development Office at email@example.com preferably.
2. Cancellations for paid-for events made after the booking deadline cannot be refunded.
3. Where a refund is offered for a cancellation this will be confirmed in writing and it may take up to 10 working days to be processed.
4. St John’s College reserves the right to cancel an event at its discretion. In the event of such cancellation, the College will notify those who have booked to attend as early as possible in writing and post details of the cancellation on the event section of the Johnian website. In case a ticket fee has been charged, the amount shall be refunded in or during the following 10 working days.
5. St John’s College excludes liability for losses or damages arising as a result of a cancelled event, such as travel and/or accommodation.
6. St John’s College shall not be liable to refund ticket fees should the event be cancelled due to force majeure or any other causes beyond its control. Nonetheless, where possible, reasonable endeavours to refund tickets will be made by the College.
7. St John’s College reserves the right to refuse admission or to ask participants to leave an event in circumstances deemed reasonable (for example health and safety, security or anti-social behaviour) and, when applicable, participants in these circumstances will not be offered a ticket refund.
8. No refunds will be provided on failure to attend an event.
1. Guest lists including full name, subject of study and matriculation year are produced for most events. If you would prefer to be excluded from such lists, please let us know at the time of booking.
1. Please be aware that a photographer commissioned by St John’s College may be present at our events. Photographs may be used in official College publicity materials, including the College website. We will endeavour to seek permission before publication but if you do not wish to be photographed or have any concerns about a photographer being present, please let us know.
In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.